Thursday, March 8, 2007

My World

My eyes are open,

But I do not see

I strain my ears,

But I cannot hear

Love encompasses me,

But I do not feel

I am numb.


Lights are switched on

But it does not penetrate the fog

I throw stones in the water

But I cannot create a lasting ripple

I want to go on an unending voyage

But I end up collecting shells on the shore

I feel cold.


I want you to hold me,

But you are not there

I want to hold on to you,

But you slip through my fingers

I want to kiss you,

But I cannot find your lips in the darkness

I am lost.


You have freed me from my cage,

But I have forgotten to fly.

I want to see beyond you,

But you fill up my horizon.

You want me to move on,

But I have drowned in you.

I will always be there for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaun hai ye jiske bare me likha hai...........................



how evr it may b itz really a vry vry wel-expressed poem of urz,no matter how depressing it may be bt i feel that d emotions r so true dt i can evn feel it.........


wo ritayan........y r u nt in english hons.?
well keep d gud work on man!

Apeksha said...

it is beautiful....a graceful touch of lonliness....i tell u dada...u may giv way to ur emotions through poetry...but u do shake other people up!!...keep writing!!!

Anonymous said...

But I have drowned in you.

I will always be there for you.

....................beautiful..............