Sunday, March 11, 2007

Indomitable (Untamable)

“Man is born free but is chained everywhere”…is this the ultimate truth or is it just the statement of a compromise we have made with life? Is the wild, free spirit non-existent or just not found…


Somehow, I believe in the spirit of man… the wild, untamable…the spirit that does not bow to anyone, the master of its own will. Is it really an impossible dream to have such a spirit? We are only called ‘free’ but are we actually so? What is our definition of freedom…have we fulfilled the vision of freedom seen years back? As Oscar Wilde had said during war the strong make slaves of the weak and during peace the rich exploit the poor…its all the same. Why have we allowed ourselves to be pushed around, why do we have to compromise…always?


I know, you must by now have a hint of smile on your lips and must be nodding your head, pitying this young, foolish guy who asks too many questions…silly questions. I agree in the present scenario these questions appear foolish, but is the present scenario the ultimate…por que? “You may say I am a dreamer but I am not the only one...”


Not all spirits can be dominated, not everyone agrees to compromise. Let us not let the indomitable spirit die, let us not let the flame flicker out, don’t laugh at me because I ask ‘why’, ask yourselves why do you not ask the same question? This three letter word has changed the lives of millions. It has made men out of boys and shook many foundations. Do stop for a moment and ask yourselves ‘do we dare ask why


We are all satisfied in being drawing-room heroes and pacify our consciences by raising a storm over a teacup. Yes there are a lot of wrongs in this world, there are innumerable things that require redressal…but do we dare to take the initiative? If the answer is ‘no’ then please let us not be such hypocrites as to comment but not act.


A revolutionary leader once proclaimed, “You cannot dominate us”, can we honestly proclaim the same statement? Let us shed our self-imposed fetters, why is it so difficult? We are all spirited stallions, at least for once let us gallop, a full-blooded gallop outside the race courses in the open meadows…let us once again talk to the winds and let us once again race each other to the horizon and stop when we want to…

Let us free our spirits and in that endeavour let us rediscover ourselves…our wild, untamed selves.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

it is the wild spirit in man that makes him a cut above the rest....gives the courage to do the undo-able(if there is such a word!)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it like really weird.. sometimes we, ourselves draw the lines and boudaries and still complain ... but nontheless do we ever stop right in front of the finishing line? if so then we are dead already , if not the finishing line is still quite far away ... we keep going ...isnt it fascinating to see the countryside .. on our way ?

well, just go on ... experiencing things and writing like this .. its wonderful to know that someone dreams!

Ritayan said...

i believe that more than the finishing line its the journey that matters....the roads we crossed and how we crossed. yes i dream and i hope others dare to dream also because dreams are fulfilled by those
who dream...

Apeksha said...

dada,its beautiful...n above all,its true....courage n daring in life is always about taking the 1st step n initiating a daring "why",thus provoking evry inquisitive n as u say,indominatable mind n heart.....lovely really....keep writing!!

Anonymous said...

I am wild, I am free, I am proud. None shall conquer my soul, for I am no slave. Death or life, if such a thing could enslave me I would not be free. Indomitable and untamable... is it impossible? I am not. I doubt I am the only one who do not bow to others. You can not dominate me, for most of the others, they would probably give in. I dare. And so I know others do as well.