Thursday, September 20, 2007

Confused


I feel the fire within…
Red hot embers
Covered with useless ash of self-restraint

I see the anger…
I look into the eyes of a person…pushed too far
Yet holding on…

The broken teeth of a caged tiger
The anguish of a ‘dam’-ed river
The urge to break free

I wonder why, I stop
I ponder why, I don’t fight…
Sometimes I wonder, why I wonder…

Useless circumnavigation
In this endless moor of civilization
Helplessly lost, yet hopeful of finding a way out

Now, I have a dream…
A desire…to once stand
And breathe…for me

3 comments:

Honeybee said...

"A desire…to once stand
And breathe…for me"

i guess we all need to give some time to ourselves too....

Apeksha said...

hmm....well pondered verses...its like reviving someone within you.....feels like an old forgotten song....you can put life in your words...gifted as you are....its very beautiful....something bout it...just makes me feel..me...its great...keep writing...

Akansha Sinha said...

the poem that ive just read has left an indellible mark........it was such a good poem.........it actaully touched my heart......bhaiya u write soo very well......this is the first time that ive come across such a nice piece of writin......life is all abt livin it in color...and ur poem displays a very imporatnt part of it....keep writin......u will really to wonders in the literary field