Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Birth And Death


Listening to the song of life
In the silence of the rain
Trying to find the unchained melody
In the depth of the clouds

Soaring alone in the azure sky
Riding the crest of a wind swell
Rolling in the fragrance of the wet earth
I gave birth to my love for you…

But…I was not the one…
Not the embodiment of your dream
I was not what you expected me to be
Not good enough…for you…

Looking for the essence of life
In the lap of death
Searching for a ray of sunshine
In the eye of the cyclone

Lost in sea
Caught in a whirlpool
Still defiantly facing what lies ahead
I bury you, my love

2 comments:

Apeksha said...

hm...awesome verses as usual....there's the unique touch n "dont wanna let you go" kind of pain in the poem....yet very gently,love has been sacrificed....thrs the thoughtless relief of taking off some burden....n never ending desire to hold back....a poem of contrasts...expressed in beauty...more lyk beauty in pain...lovely...keep writing!

Anonymous said...

ritayan..i cn jst say its wonderful.rest..let the silence speak.