Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Rendezvous With Me


Today, I looked back
For an unknown reason
Feeling a long-forgotten excitement,
I turned to look back.


In an amazing rendezvous
I met myself…the past me
I met someone whom I had left behind
I met my Childhood


The colours warmed my eyes
The carefree laughter touched my soul
I travelled the happiest moments with him
I relived my past.


I wanted to bid him adieu
I wanted to end it on a happy note
I looked forward to bringing back some colours
From the past into my grey life


He stopped me…
He looked at me with pity…and disgust
He laughed at me
He was scared of me…he started to run


I caught up with him…asking him why
He said-----You are a murderer
I trusted you to colour my dreams…
You killed them…you painted them grey


O’ how could I answer his childish innocence?
How could I look myself in the eye?
But, the child showed me how…he lent me his colours
He asked me to remember him… when I go back…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well composed. Provides much food for thought. I've never seen a poem with such a deep message in a long time.

Anonymous said...

quoting ritz's own words ..'dare to know the truth".......all u bloggers out there jus dare to know this truth that in this corner of the world we have a blogger who can outdo you all with his scripts........read between the lines , travel through these jungle of words he creates on this page and you will surely find your feelings fitting into these words .....he gives words to those emotions whcih every has in himself in the deepest place of his heart...carry on brother

Apeksha said...

awesome really....i mean,i ahve no words.....even the tinge of pain you add has a special colour.....as i told you,i still feel the pain....yet there is a soothing sensation in the end....you are a creative genius....keep writing!!

Unknown said...

simply AMAZZIIING!!!!!!....DIS GUY CN REALLY XPRESS HMSLF TO D CORE N DATS WAT I LIK ABT HM.....AWESOME...KEEP IT UP....