Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Through the window & beyond


Green flashes…the occasional whistle…
The faraway engine and…
The incessant rumbling of rusted wheels
And life…stolen in glances at the faraway horizon

It’s amazing how everything feels so still
Even, when I am moving so fast…
And, I look around…
I find…gray hairs…and lost eyes…

The journey rarely felt so significant
Yet, the music tries to slowly pull me back…
I don’t want to be held now…not today…
In the distance…today, let the music be in the distance

The rain keeps me company…
A sheet of haze…
Blurring my vision, washing the green clean
While, I purge my soul

Flashes of decay…
The unavoidable circle of life…
The birth of new hope beside the barren…
Death…and you…

You come back to me…
In drifting clouds and flooded fields
But, I move on…penning my random ramblings
Watching my life fly by…through the windows of a moving train.

4 comments:

Apeksha said...

"The incessant rumbling of rusted wheels
And life…stolen in glances at the faraway horizon" how your writings give me a tingling feel! I love the beautiful flow...just like the wonderful experience of travelling in a train....and I love even more,the glimpses of life in it...its wonderful....keep writing

K-Dawg said...

I love your style of writing, its pure and from the heart. Check out my stuff if you get a chance and keep writing.

Anonymous said...

even "lost hopes" and "constant urge to move" ..........get thier lil faces carved out in your verses..........especially touching are these....
"The birth of new hope beside the barren…
Death…and you…

You come back to me…
In drifting clouds and flooded fields".....
you remind me of so many moments lost.......love this

misterio said...

you create perfect scenes with words..it's so riveting.. it reminds me of the ruskin bond stories