Sunday, August 15, 2010

Restless Dreams


I search for a soul
Waiting for a known train…
To take me to an unknown destination
While I search…I sing…I live…for a change

As, sleepless nights slip by…
And, passing days leave its mark
In graying hairs and crinkling cheeks…
I seek to break free

Travelling alone on lonely alleys…
Hearing the night whisper its secrets
I seek to be accepted within its fold…
To be given access to the dark side of the moon

I know not where I tread
Is it real or a dream…
I, however, keep walking on the edges of sanity
Flirting with life across the line

The smoke hangs thick
Adding to the haze
Lonely, lovely, dark silence…
The seductive black’s beckoning

I stand alone…
Bereft of fetters and desires
I die to wake up…
I die hoping to be part of the black soon…

5 comments:

CASU Wood said...

Yes! I feel it!

Apeksha said...

"In graying hairs and crinkling cheeks…
I seek to break free" Only you know where you derive such beauty from....your lines are like magic...and they calm my longing...my frustrations....you are developin the ability to vent another's troubles...that's the power of your work...love it...keep writing

Mone said...

wow! Love it!

Gayatri said...

"I, however, keep walking on the edges of sanity
Flirting with life across the line..."
"I die hoping to wake up..."
Really Really liked this one... gives vent to the restlessness in my heart...
keep writing...

Unknown said...

The search of sanity is everlasting buddy. Loved it! Keep writing!