Thursday, August 6, 2009

Out of a Window


The day melts into evening
Of a cloud filled day
And the trees wait
For another night

The lonely bird
Looks for a way back home
And, I watch…
From the impersonal window

Life flies by…
And the trees stand silent
The eternal listeners
Of troubled souls like mine

I wonder, what I seek…
As, I dream of flying
In the slice of sky that I see
From the cold window of my class

I remain the lonely wanderer
Of my hidden dreams
In the realm of my sky
Made mine through the impersonal window

And, as I move on…
This window stays open
And the evening embraces me
And I merge with the sky from my window

4 comments:

The Cherubin said...

well this poem is so true..i mean its with everyone..
"Life flies by…
And the trees stand silent
The eternal listeners
Of troubled souls like mine
" this is something we all feel like..isn't it?i don't understand from where do these poets get this art of expressing so greatly.

Unknown said...

Ur words apty express some of the most unexplicable aspects of life... the unending wait...the quest... the occasional silences..the troubles..the sudden spasms of emotions.. the feelings that many a beautiful evening can stir within us.. the dreams dreamt of..the people passed by...
All in all ,a beautiful expression of life...

Apeksha said...

i like the unique concept of "impersonal window"...and these lines"I remain the lonely wanderer
Of my hidden dreams" are really beautiful....they describe u so well...the ambiguity is intriguing as it leaves a sense of wonder in the reader as to where the poet is heading...good work...keep writing

Anonymous said...

"I dream of flying"...........i guess this is all you had to put into the verse n thereby connect with everyone who reads it........i guess everyone wishes for something very similar..........or rather this only.........atleast for me this verse was excellent.........