Saturday, May 3, 2008

City Life


The morsel of blue sky
Snatched away by the windshield of my speeding car
Only for me…its beauty
To marvel and experience
Only for me…its caress
To feel and reflect

The whiff of fragrance of the spring blossoms
Amidst the acrid smoke of everyday running
A sudden reminder of a happy interlude
Amidst the usual gloom
Only for me…its message
To hear and keep
Only for me its glow
To bask in and rejuvenate

The calming presence of the imposing cathedral
Among the petty jungle of the concrete monster
The assurance of humanity
Among the maddening race of “belief”
Only for me…its embrace
To rest and cry
Only for me…its existence
To praise and glorify

In the meaningless bustle
Of the innumerable ants
I find you my love
Ever beautiful and forever young
My city life…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The power in your thoughts, imagination...the vividity of your imageries......are best showcased through this poem...Great job!!!

LoisCordelia said...

This is rather beautiful!! Finely crafted as ever... Do I even detect a hint of redemptive optimism at the end? ;-)

Apeksha said...

Its enthralling...Like the metaphorical usage of verses....It has a chain of thoughts which we traditionally call "out of the box"....though all your poems are of that kind....Its lovely..the way your imagination runs wild and you go beyond the usual...keep writing....

Enlightener said...

Its awesome...fabulous....Ritayanda you rock...keep up the good work..ur blogs inspirational..somewhere it rejuvenates one, amidst all the pains and and stress....somewhere the blog shows that hope is something eternal...kudos to the optimistic approach....Rock On!!

Unknown said...

i love this poem

simply love it......