Thursday, January 13, 2011

Other side of Hope


I am back to you my sunset…
At, another beginning’s end
The coffee is cold again…
The unlit cigarette lies forgotten on my lips

The sand has finally slipped through my fingers…
Once again it’s empty inside
Yet, the long night looks on…
And, winter hides it all with her misty blanket

It’s time once again…
Time for rain…
It’s time to continue my wait…
For you, my eternal stranger

The dawn will be bereft of your presence
And, I will seek your hand…
While, I stare at the busy road
From my lonely verandah

As, the evening bird rests its wings
And, the weary traveler takes the last train home…
Here I am…back to you…
My stranger…my rain…my sunset…cold coffee and cigarettes

4 comments:

Apeksha said...

"I am back to you my sunset…
At, another beginning’s end" in the first two lines itself one gets caught in the cage of emotions you build softly around the reader...as one moves on...one can feel the dying flicker of hope..the exhaustion...in the poet's words...and there is an urge you arouse...especially in me...to straighten the folds of life for you again...keep writing

Unknown said...

"Strangers" are the best inspirations, know what I mean? ;)

A Poetess said...

really one of your best till date.

Gayatri said...

no words! lovely!