Friday, November 26, 2010

Hunger


The night calls out to me
From the voids of the great unknown
Slow…seductive…silent
I walk…I keep walking

Hunger burns with renewed fervor
Burying all else beyond comprehension
I look around hoping to see light…
I see the night…I look for food

I refuse to return to reality
I walk in a haze…somnambulating while awake
I look to buy a smile on my mother’s lips
I wonder what to trade for the right to survive…

The mind wanders…
Like the restless wind lost in the concrete jungle…
I see neon, music and a drunk world heady with success
While I look for life in the leftovers

I sit for a while in the pavement…
The parched lips finally wet with my own blood
Slowly the night takes me in its arms…
Sleep…Silence…Peace…

3 comments:

Apeksha said...

"I see neon, music and a drunk world heady with success
While I look for life in the leftovers" Amazing starkness....Terrible pain..beautifully written in lines that will remain unforgettable for all those who come across them..."I look to buy a smile on my mother’s lips
I wonder what to trade for the right to survive…"
You get me high on your work...Keep writing

HG said...

wow! just wow!
i am gonna use another adjective...hehe...you are stupendous and so observant and expressive, it shows in what you write.
keep it up! :D

Panchali said...

"I sit for a while in the pavement…
The parched lips finally wet with my own blood
Slowly the night takes me in its arms…
Sleep…Silence…Peace…"

Pen is mightier than a sword. Your pen, definitely is.