Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Walk Along The Lake


A long walk. A half burnt cigarette…
And the mute lake standing testimony to countless dreams
The dilapidated benches strewn with yellow leaves…
The only one who laments our absence…

The moon was always beautiful
When I looked at it through your eyes…
But, now it’s cold with a dead glow…
Almost mocking…cynical about my weakness.

The cigarette burns up to the lips…
And, I finally stub you out…
Yet, I wonder whether you still look at the same sky
Through the gap between those two forsaken trees…

You used to dream of a graveyard full of roses…
While I tried to hide you from harm
You sought a shelter…
But, never found one…you were afraid of imprisonment

The music rings out from the old piano
Like coffee on a rainy afternoon
And, I listen to my life…
Slowly, trickling down glass panes

The light threatens to burn out
And, leave me darkness again…
I embrace it as your gift to me…
While burning my feelings to keep me warm

Unsaid words linger around…
Like a long black veil
While I keep walking
Discovering the oft treaded roads… all over again…

9 comments:

Just me... said...

Great poetry...I get that your muse is Rain....

jadedchalice said...

amazing imagery.

Anonymous said...

i love it. period..and yes beautiful imagery..big hug bro..<3

Anonymous said...

the forsaken trees and the moon exist... but the eyes have grown

Starr said...

I can't get over how good you are...I love how you reuse cigarettes, coffee, and rain as imagery in differing ways in your work...Your writing speaks to me like the intense eyes of a prisoner...Wonderful work.

mythoughts said...

Lovely writing. Keep it up. Very beautiful

Apeksha said...

"The music rings out from the old piano
Like coffee on a rainy afternoon
And, I listen to my life…
Slowly, trickling down glass panes"
Gorgeous...that's all that i can say...your lines touch me deeply...you have a gentle way of weaving memories with words...love your work...keep writing

HG said...

brilliantly done! love it.

Anonymous said...

beauty re-defined....of nature,poetry and emotions...somehow i feel...love got a new face in this verse...a new garb,a fresh and mystic body....