Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Saga of the Last Support


Strangers have shared our stories…
Through directionless words and distant rain
And, every time I come back to you, my pain
I know not what binds us…love or hate…

Times have gone by…as I knew they would…
Yet death’s a luxury I can’t afford…
And, you seek shelter in my arms now…
While, you robbed me of mine

The black graveyard rose keeps calling
A distant song keeps ringing in my head…
Restless thoughts and a calm face…
Torn apart, yet I remain…

I run away…I run far…
Escaping emotions and barricading hurt…
I run hard and win…win…win some more…
But, still inside I stand alone…

And, I finally yield to the call…
Of the dark side of the moon
While rain has forsaken me
I await…I know not what…but I wait…

A smile. Innocence. Vulnerability. Fear.
And, a scary present seeks to bridge a cruel past...
And, you succumb, your last support stands strong
But, what if I was weak…someday….?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a poem dat expresses cmpltly wat u feel ryt nw..........it spks ur unspoken words.........it touched me dr......."sm1" shd read it......

Anonymous said...

love this blog man, your poems are great. . .

Honeybee said...

You have found your last support.
Be happy,
Be free
for this precious find.
Somewhere, you know, there stands a soul
that bleeds
and dries
in a fruitless search.
For death's a luxury you can't afford
And man is lonely even in the crowd
Strength will come through time and tide
Let the rains scorn at you, my friend, in vain

She stoops to conquer, the hapless cheek
She bends her spine for stability
She does not know the lessons of fate
Let the bliss last till knowledge dawns

Unknown said...

Aint sure if the word awesome does justice to this one.

HG said...

another awesome piece! you write stuff i can connect with. i love all your poems and this one just became my personal favourite because i feel this way. :)

Apeksha said...

"I run hard and win…win…win some more…
But, still inside I stand alone…" There are instances in life when you come across a person's creation and say "this is SO you!" I wanna say that for these lines...its beauty that only you can entrust words with....You're divine with verses...love it...keep writing

Ritayan said...

Debadyuti Banerjee - what a wonderful piece ritayan. One of the best of yours that I have read. So much of vulnerability in the flow of words.Apr 22

Anonymous said...

gosh!!!.dis verse is so apt for several situations we face in life.......fabulous......daintily heart warming

misterio said...

so simple..so very true..!! the best i've read so far

Honeybee said...

I'm waiting for your next masterpiece... :)

Starr said...

This is beautiful...it touches my heart in a way that none of your other work has so far. Keep writing!!!:)

Gayatri said...

"death's luxury I can't afford"...."But, what if I was weak…someday….? "
great...every line of it