Monday, January 25, 2010

Dawn


I hear a faraway melancholy ajaan
While sitting alone at a lonely night’s dawn…
Hearing, the quaint out of tune melody
And, the peace of a centuries old song…

An un-understood beauty beckons…
While the solitary sailor looks on…
The lighthouse beacon sweeps by again…
Yet, the rocks seem to summon…

She wanders in another land….
While I seek the out of tune melody
And, I succumb all over again…
To a rustic tune that moved mountains…

I have lost many…
To the calling of darkness
I have lost myself in your song…
And you will find me when the lights go off

She will kill to win
While I fight to surrender
And, I wait while the lonely ajaan cleanses me
And, music rushes through my veins…

The threshold of tomorrow
Unfolds with un-foretold beauty
And, I watch spellbound…
While far, far away…She sleeps in peace

9 comments:

Apeksha said...

"She will kill to win
While I fight to surrender" as enchanting as you describe that music of the dawn...its gentle and nostalgic....the feel of the poem..it seeps through your pores bit by bit..peace to the tormented soul...its like getting sleep after a long tough night...good work...keep writing

Ritayan said...

( ON BEHALF OF HONEYBEE )
Is it the peace that torments you each day?
Or is it the silence?
Is it the lack of tiring allegations?
Or the uninspiring conflicts in emotion?
The dawn indeed is foggy today,
But the morning it beckons is clear and bright.
No matter where the sun is hidden
Rest assured its there alright...

Anonymous said...

she doesnt sleep in peace ...
"She will kill to win
While I fight to surrender" ....
if only she won

Catpad said...

lovely
:')

Steph said...

This is touching :)

Anonymous said...

This verse was so very moving...........really your words indeed have the ability to play the strings of one's heart......

Shilpi Suman said...

Words are terse, defying the verse. Was that the goal, of an un-understood soul?

Anonymous said...

i love it brother....its beautiful...but id like you to change the image if u dont mind...its too sadistic i feel....a little more subtle image wud be nice...just trying to give positive criticism...*hug*

aratrika said...

This poem creates a sense of deja vu for me, don't know why though. This is one of my most favourite poems by you.