Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Stranger's Blues


As, the evening
Stealthily approaches my reverie
And, I look up to find the day waning
It is the stranger’s soul that I seek.

And, while the shadow lengthens
In this austere room
I, stop to start...
To seek the abandoned hope...

Maybe, I am welcome
Or, just an intruder
And the wine of the night
Just tolerates my insolence...

A long road unfolds
As, I stand at the edge of the chasm
It is not the plunge that scares me
Only, that I may falter at the edge...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I, stop to start..."-THIS IS BEAUTIFUL........ just the best line you've written so far....absolutely my take on it.....but your verse gives a strong will to succeed,so don't worry you may not falter........

Apeksha said...

Well every line is a sample of magnificence as such but this "I, stop to start..." is sheer brilliance....simple yet hitting...and this couplet
"It is not the plunge that scares me
Only, that I may falter at the edge..." it literally gave me the shivers....what are u man? i love it...your simplicity is your power....keep writing