Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let it Rain Tonight


The sun rides low on the horizon
As, the birds search their way home
And, the aimless wanderer
Finally finds a perch.
And, I think it’s gonna rain tonight.

I see the infant
Sleeping naked in the street
And I watch the men…
Dying alone in the heat
But, I think it’s gonna rain tonight.

I see two lovers
Exploring the new world
And, the barren land
Finally bearing flowers
And, I think it’s gonna rain tonight.

I find the old man
Strumming on his guitar
The song of open dreams
And the open roads travelled so far
And, I think it’s gonna rain tonight.

I also watch the dawn of new dreams
And see it get shattered…
Yet, I observe the human spirit
That still listens to dreamers.
And, I think it’s gonna rain tonight.

O’ let it rain…
Hard and long
Let it rain…
All night, for many nights
And wash it all away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O’ let it rain…
Hard and long
Let it rain…
All night, for many nights
And wash it all away.

...............dat says it all.......dats the most fitting end you could have given to that beautiful picturesque sight of nature n man in one frame......loved it

Apeksha said...

Its excellent....you have merged the beauty of nature with the complexity of human life perfectly....i wonder where your words come from sometimes....you write like you've seen all the world....great....i love it....keep writing

Unknown said...

"..the song of open dreams.." is a very nice line.. I love this poem, cuh a simple way of laying down heavy thoughts... Its different ofr myour usual poems, yet reflects that style of yours which adds a specia lsomething to the words... Congrats!

Akash said...

well...i'm sorry i have no words to express..how wonderful this poem is....well...khanikkhun chup kore boshe bhabte holo....really its too good.....

The Cherubin said...

oh..its one of the best poem of urs..especially wen u talk of that old man playing guitar..it sounds simple to read these kinda poems but the feelings n thoughts behind are with very rare ppl like u..
its a nicely wrote poem...:)