Monday, November 17, 2008

Wanting Her


Love was not just a game I played
To buy shelter
To walk alone or to follow her
Without question and thought of surrender.
But, she was broken
Long before the sky broke for her…

Treacherous were the alleys
Wondrous was the pain
To hold on…
Like the condemned man’s faith in God.
To build on a broken faith…
Long before faith was ever discovered

Yet, I wanted to follow
To feel her lustrous body
With the ecstasy of my mind
To lift her spirit
Higher than the wind swells.
But she was broken…
Long before the sky broke for her.

Wanting to find the destination
Of the departing night
To look for the symmetry
Of two bodies in unison.
Take away the desire from my being…
Yet, I wanted to follow.
But she was broken…
Long before the sky broke for her.

3 comments:

Apeksha said...

what do i say...you are great..your words...."But she was broken…
Long before the sky broke for her." it just...touches me....somewhere deep inside...its this quiet beauty in your words that takes me...i love it...keep writing

Unknown said...

lovely.... :)

Poulomi Bhadra said...

a beautifully heart wrenching femimine ystery unfolds....

bravo!!!

well written...