Monday, October 27, 2008

Lust for Eternity


We, of the golden sunsets
Are no longer the same…
The smell of rain
Hidden away in your warm breasts
Lost forever to the glittering skyline
In the dreamy silence of windswept rooftops

I have desired you, luscious one
Warmth and pain.
The distant night bathed in loneliness,
The tentative soul afraid of losing control.
A few eternities in a few handpicked moments
Is all I have left of you…
But I am greedy for a few eternities more.

I have missed you…
You, of the crystal sunsets
You of the enigmatic eyes…
And I have made you the Queen
So let’s dance…
To the rhythm of our nude embrace
And make eternity ours.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the second stanza
esp the line " a few eternities in a few handpicked moments"
that is so true..........

Apeksha said...

Mad...beautiful...obsessive....I don't know what to say....I love it...soft and possessive.....it grips me....you write emotions.....You are one crazy poet...I love your erratic language...I love to feel your words....keep writing

Poulomi Bhadra said...

"A few eternities in a few handpicked moments
Is all I have left of you…
But I am greedy for a few eternities more."-----
an obsessive lover's yearning...